We’re on a salad kick over right here at AK and I’m not mad about it. At the moment we’re placing my new tahini poppy seed dressing to work by tossing it with juicy peaches, crunchy shredded brussels sprouts, a candy & spicy nut combine and slightly salty feta. YES. PLEASE.
The combo on this peach brussels sprouts salad is critically the whole lot you want and extra. I couldn’t cease consuming it! Actually so good with hen, salmon and even some bacon tossed in. It particularly jogs my memory of an upgraded model of the strawberry poppyseed salad everyone knows and love. The right summer season lunch to make this week or an unbelievable recipe to serve at your subsequent BBQ!
We’ve linked a few of our fav proteins so as to add if you wish to make it a fuller meal, too, plus loads of methods to customise and match any dietary restrictions. Take pleasure in!
All the items on this peach brussels sprouts salad
The components on this crunchy, scrumptious peach brussels sprouts salad are pretty easy however work collectively so superbly. The salad is good, savory, salty and simply AMAZING. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- For the dressing: we’re utilizing a batch of my creamy tahini poppy seed dressing that provides the most effective taste to the whole lot within the salad.
- For the produce: you’ll want some barely ripe peaches and loads of brussels sprouts.
- For the nuts: we’re utilizing sliced almonds, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), slightly pure maple syrup and sea salt for the nut crunch combination.
- Non-obligatory: I like including crumbled feta cheese to this salad for one more savory factor.
Customise your brussels sprouts peach salad
As a result of we’re holding this salad comparatively easy, it’s straightforward to customise with components you will have available.
- Swap the brussels sprouts. Kale can be one other nice base for this crunchy salad.
- Select your fruit. As soon as fall rolls round this salad would even be scrumptious with sliced apples!
- Add some wholesome fat. A sliced avocado would add a stunning creaminess and enhance of wholesome fat.
- Go nut free. Merely skip the almonds and double the pepitas to maintain the salad nut free.
- Preserve it vegan. Be at liberty to make use of your favourite dairy free cheese crumbles or skip the cheese altogether.
Our favourite protein add-ons
Trying so as to add some extra protein to this brussels sprouts peach salad? Attempt:
Ought to I prepare dinner the brussels sprouts?
No want! This peach brussels sprouts salad makes use of uncooked, shredded brussels sprouts that get good and marinated within the tahini poppy seed dressing. Uncooked brussels sprouts give the salad additional scrumptious crunch.
Three straightforward methods to shred brussels sprouts
Shredding a pound of brussels sprouts for this salad could sound daunting, however it’s simpler than you suppose! Listed here are 3 nice methods to do it:
- Use a meals processor: trim the small stem off of the brussels sprouts and add them to your meals processor a couple of handful or so at a time. Use the slicing attachment in your meals processor and pulse till they’re good and shredded.
- Use a field grater: you’ll be able to shred your brussels sprouts towards a field grater on the facet with the biggest holes. I’d counsel spraying the grater with a little bit of cooking spray in order that the sprouts simply glide towards the grater.
- Shred them with a knife: that is the tactic I usually use, and when you get the cling of it it would go fairly rapidly. Utilizing a pointy knife minimize the stem off of your brussels sprouts after which minimize them in half lengthwise. Then, with every half laying flat facet down, chop your brussels sprouts into effective shreds. No want for them to be good!
This crunchy peach brussels sprouts salad will get even higher over the course of some days because it marinates in tahini poppy seed dressing. Retailer it in meal prep containers like these for as much as 4-5 days.
Extra scrumptious salad recipes to attempt
Get all of our scrumptious salad recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on this peach brussels sprouts crunch salad! Should you make it you should definitely go away a remark and a ranking so I understand how you appreciated it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Peach Brussels Sprouts Crunch Salad
Beautiful peach brussels sprouts salad with candy & salty nuts and a creamy tahini poppy seed dressing. This vegetarian brussels sprouts peach salad is full of a beautiful mixture of textures and flavors. Take pleasure in it for the right summer season lunch or facet dish by itself or along with your favourite protein!
batch tahini poppy seed dressing
- For the salad:
brussels sprouts, outer yellow leaves and stems eliminated, and shredded
sliced peaches (from about 2 massive or 3 medium peaches)
feta crumbles (non-compulsory however scrumptious!)
- For the nut crunch combination:
uncooked pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
pure maple syrup
- Sea salt
In a small bowl combine collectively tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup/honey, dijon mustard, poppyseeds, onion powder, salt and water to skinny the dressing. Style and add extra maple syrup or honey when you like your poppyseed dressing a bit sweeter.
Subsequent, shred the brussels sprouts by utilizing a meals processor with the slicing attachment and pulse till the brussels sprouts are thinly sliced. Should you don’t have a meals processor, be at liberty to make use of a pointy knife to thinly slice. You even have the choice of shopping for already shredded/shaved brussels sprouts in a bag from the shop.
Add brussels to a big bowl and pour the dressing throughout. Use tongs to coat the brussels with the dressing. Let the dressing sit and marinate the brussels for 10-Quarter-hour. Whereas the brussels marinate and absorb the dressing, you’ll be able to chop and prep all of your different components.
Lastly make your nut crunch combination: place sliced almonds and pumpkin seeds in a skillet over medium warmth. Toast for 3-5 minutes, stirring incessantly till they flip barely golden brown and aromatic, then flip off warmth and instantly add in maple syrup and a pinch of sea salt. Stir for 30 extra seconds to coat, then switch to a plate or piece of parchment paper to chill for a couple of minutes. A number of the nuts will barely stick collectively however that is what we would like for the ‘nut crunch’ within the salad. Permit to chill for five minutes.
Add the sliced peaches to the brussels salad together with the nut crunch combination and feta crumbles and toss to mix. Take pleasure in!
To retailer: retailer this salad in an hermetic container (or a couple of meal prep containers like these) for as much as 4-5 days. The dressing will proceed to marinate the brussels sprouts over time in order that they style wonderful!
See the total submit for ideas, methods & scrumptious methods to customise your salad!
Servings: 4 servings
Serving dimension: 1 serving (based mostly on 4)
Saturated fats: 4.1g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats
This submit was initially revealed on July 20, 2021, and republished on August 4, 2022.